EKOI has designed this all-new TT helmet with the input and feedback of the world IRON MAN champion Patrick Lange who wanted the most aerodynamic helmet possible in his pursuit to become the world triathlon long distance champion and, at the same time, in his attempt to smash the event record.
The KOINA is the 5th generation of TT helmets designed by EKOI and we are fortunate in this matter as we have real experience.
( Fred Van Lierde the 2013 World Iron Man champion won wearing an EKOI helmet
The wind tunnel tests involving not just Patrick, but also our engineers and designers have resulted in the world's fastest TT helmet the EKOI KOINA!
It was mission accomplished for Patrick, as on the 14th of October 2017 HE BROKE the World Iron Man record in a time of 8 hours 1 minute 40 seconds, as follows:
The EKOI KOINA helmet is undoubtedly one of the most aero helmets in the world, but it also picked up an award from a prestigious jury:
« PLUS X AWARD » as the best helmet of 2018.
This prestigious Plus X award (recognised throughout the world), is awarded by a German company on the following criteria :
This award for innovation is determined on the features of high-technology, sport and lifestyle.
- Design and manufacture Made in ITALY
- 5th generation EKOI TT helmet , designed and extensively tested in a wind tunnel with the input and feedback of Patrick Lange and his team of aerodynamic experts.
- Design in double IN MOLD
- long shape perfect for TT specialists and triathletes
- lateral cheek flanks improve aerodynamics and prevent air from racing into the helmet
- Magnetically-fixed screen MADE IN ITALY (CE standards)
- 1 large front inlet vent & 1 rear exhaust vent with internal chnanels for optimal air flow Inside the helmet.
- Optimal TT performance on the road, track or LD triathlons.
- 2 vents (inlet & exhaust).
- DESIGN: IN MOLD 2
- Magnetically-fastening buckle.
- Ventilated straps.
- New adjustable occipital bone micro-dial.
- Weight: 360 g in one available size (54/59cm)
- Foam in anti-bacteria treated COOLMAX.
- Standards: EU & CPSC (US)
Great helmet. The feel and the look are really nice. One rather big disappointment: at this price range I expect to get a kind of a helmet box. With the shipping came a cheap looking bag wich is to small for the helmet. That´s why I am giving only 4 stars.